Broadway is open for business during construction.
We look forward to seeing you in the neighbourhood. Here you can find information for your visit.
Getting around Broadway
Traffic lanes are open on Broadway with traffic decks over excavated areas to keep people moving. Construction is focused on station locations, with no excavation between stations.
Check TransLink’s Trip Planner for up-to-date information about bus service in and around Broadway. We are committed to keeping buses on schedule.
Use our parking and access maps for each station area along Broadway. There are plenty of parking opportunities adjacent to Broadway and in parking lots along the alignment. Some businesses also have dedicated parking or parking validation programs. Not sure what parking signs mean? Here is a guide from the City of Vancouver.
Loading zones and Room to Loads are short-term parking opportunity for quick stops. It’s great for grabbing take-out, picking something up from a shop or dropping someone off for their appointment. Look for these signs or check our parking and access maps above for the locations of all passenger/loading zones.
Look for business signage in construction areas showing where to find local businesses, health services and restaurants.
The Broadway Subway Project is committed to working with businesses to maintain visibility and access, and mitigate construction impacts such as noise, light and dust.
Specific measures include:
- Relocating commercial loading zones from Broadway to the nearest cross streets, as well as identifying locations for new loading zones.
- Constructing temporary pedestrian bridges where feasible to provide connections.
- Changing safety fencing depending on the construction activity and working directly with businesses to accommodate requests to block noise and dust or improve visibility from the streets and sidewalks.
- Cleaning sidewalks, building facades and windows.
- Widening and improving sidewalks after traffic decks are installed where possible.
- Installing signs that provide directions to businesses.
- Creating parking and access maps for each station area.
- Timing certain activities such as water shut offs at night.
We appreciate everyone’s patience as we work as quickly as we can to deliver this project to provide fast, frequent, and reliable SkyTrain service along this important corridor.
If you’re a business owner and you would like to speak to us, see our contact page.
City of Vancouver
Click here for more information about the City of Vancouver’s role on the Broadway Subway Project and the Support Broadway Business awareness campaign.